Call for Faculty Supervisors
Faculty Supervisors needed for 2023 T-CAIREM Summer Studentship Program
The Temerty Centre for Artificial Intelligence Research and Education in Medicine (T-CAIREM) is seeking supervisors for the 2023 T-CAIREM Summer Studentship Program.
Information for Supervisors
UofT faculty and researchers with UofT-affiliated institutes or hospitals who may have positions available for summer research students are invited to complete this form:
Registration link: https://lmp.forms-db.com/view.php?id=364924
Deadline: January 13, 2023 (Fri.)
A PDF of potential supervisors with project descriptions and e-mail addresses has been posted on the T-CAIREM website. This list will be updated as more supervisors register the availability of summer positions. Students and supervisors will then jointly submit full applications by January 20, 2023.
• A potential supervisor must hold a faculty appointment with the University of Toronto at the level of assistant, associate or full professor, and must be conducting research in artificial intelligence (AI) related to health.
• We will accept applications for AI-related research projects that can be carried out either in-lab, remotely, or as a hybrid.
• The supervisor must also be a registered T-CAIREM member when studentships begin. (Faculty who are new to health AI research can learn more about free T-CAIREM Membership on our website.)
Information about Research Projects
Student research may include the development of new algorithms, applying existing algorithms to new health problems (in the basic sciences, clinical, or population levels), as well as work in AI ethics, governance, policy, patient engagement, implementation science, and other areas.
• Summer studentships are available to undergraduate and medical students enrolled at a Canadian university to carry out summer research under the supervision of a T-CAIREM member.
• Students must be entitled to work in Canada.
• Students will be required to work full-time (35 hours per week) for a minimum of 10 weeks between May 1 and August 31.
• Students must be able to attend the biweekly seminars and a mini-conference at the end of the summer.
• Stipends for students will be a minimum of $7,200 for the 10-week program. T-CAIREM will provide the supervisor’s institution with $3,600 and a minimum of $3,600 must be provided by the supervisor.
• The supervisor is also responsible for any additional employment costs such as CPP, EI, vacation pay, etc.
For questions, please contact T-CAIREM administrator Zoryana Salo.